Project - Stress Detector

As some of you may or may not have known, over the course of this year I have been working on a device, namely a stress detector. To be completely honest I'm still surprised I was even able to make it, as over the course of building it, I have learned so much about programming, wiring, testing and feedback. It was a full-blown project, and I can gladly say that it is now finished! 
Having said that, I'm working on a better version of it - I am going to improve the algorithm and make some changes so it looks more like a ready made product rather than a prototype. When it is fully done I'll probably link my PowerPoint presentation (I've logged my making process on it). I don't want to go into too much detail about how I've made it, as this is just my first version. Once its fully done I'll do a proper display. 
The stress detector (prototype) featuring my Huarache

Below are some of the technical details about it (my first version), so if you dont really care then you can stop reading now (no shade intended). 
DETAILS:
It uses a DHT11 sensor to measure skin temperature and moisture, as the 2 are closely related to stress
It uses a Raspberry Pi 2 model B
It is an armband design, which makes use of Lycra and Latex to absorb and insulate the heat, and trap moisture for the sensor
It uses 6 LEDS, 3 red to indicate stress, 3 green to show that the wearer is fine
The device works over the course of a week, 8 hours a day, showing the change in stress levels every 3 minutes, and then giving a weekly report on the 7th day to show if the person was overly stressed that week, or not.
I coded it in python

Thanks if you read this far <3


Comments

Popular Posts