And the winner is...

Welcome back readers!

How is everyone doing? It has been a month since I updated this blog, and in that month A LOT has gone down. But I'll talk about that separately - today is the day for the WINNER of my challenge to finally be announced!!! 

I am going to do a brief recap - towards the end of May, I hosted the blog's first ever competition, for which I received SO MANY submissions. So firstly, I want to say a huge thank you to everyone who shared the page and the competition. Over all, I was very impressed with the standard of all the submissions. Eventually I had to shortlist the submissions to my top 5, which I invited to a webinar where I spoke about being in STEM, and some of the criteria I was looking for within the game. And it was there that I announced my winner! And I am going to do that here too!

----------So the winner is----------






----------Drum roll please----------



JENTAI!

Jentai Gen-One is a 12 tech genius and year old home schooled student who enjoys BMX, Martial Arts, Web Design, Coding, Web Dev, Team Leading and Chocolate! (who doesn't? )


"

I have always wanted to create video games for myself. When I was younger my mum restricted the time that I played computer games, saying “if you have time to play the games – I suggest you start making them!” SO I DID! I read a book called “Computer Coding for kids” and within days I began using Scratch which is a basic block coding language, I then went on to learn HTML, CSS, JavaScript and Python.


I built my first website using HTML and CSS and 2 more sites using WordPress. I am working on my 4th website at the moment.


Last year I started an App Making Group that has 13 members. Our first app is almost ready to be launched on the google play store.


When I was younger I wanted to create a robot. I researched what I needed to do to create my robot but usually, everything was too complex to understand and also watching movies about robots wasn’t helping either and eventually, I stopped wanting to make one. But recently I decided to make a robot again - I have made new designs and have made a chat bot which was my first step into turning my dream into a reality.


In 2017 I contacted Lego and WB Games with a new Lego game idea after day’s of phone call’s and email’s I managed to submit my game idea to WB Games but I never heard back from them.


In 2018 I came up with another idea which was an edit to a 2015 Lego game again after lots of phone calls I never heard back from them but this time I decided to take matters into my own hands and tried to make the edits myself… but I failed.


Going forward I plan to continue in my website design business GENeration Technologies and work on perfecting my robot designs as well as my game ideas. 


I was totally surprised to be announced the winner of your coding challenge, I have been working on this idea for the last 3+ years and I am so grateful to be given this opportunity.

"

I am so impressed with all that Jentai has achieved in just 12 years! This is exactly why I do what I do - to empower and inspire the next generation to get in to tech, and never to give up. His idea particularly stood out to me as inventive, well thought out, complex and imaginative yet though and the flowchart he used was simple yet covered all aspects of the game components he had mentioned. This is a brief of his game.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name of the Game: Custom Clash

Idea: Each player will custom-create their character from multiple options and then participate in the 3 different game modes to level-up, earn gold bars & unlock special power-ups.

My Fave part: 3 modes: Quest mode, Clone Clash and Battle Royale - A lot like Fortnite, but with some nice twists :)

Language chosen: C#, to make the characters 3D in their motion around the screen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For a detailed description of his game, click this link: click-me

I am so excited to start working on Jentai's amazing game, and will keep you all posted as I do. 

In the meantime, I have some more personalised content coming out soon... let me know in the comments what kind of content you would like to see :)

Take care of yourselves, and see you soon!

EO



Comments

  1. πŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎπŸ‘πŸΎA wonderful write up on an amazing young coder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know this young man and commissioned him to design my mother's day gif to send to my friends and family. The service was swift, professional and excellent value for money. I am thrilled to see his continued success.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant and well done to Jentai - you're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. S0 proud of you Jentai as you should be of yourself! I'm really excited to hear about your nextvplans as I believe you can only go onwards and upwards!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an incredible journey! Very inspiring.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts