Get to know me! 10 questions

Hey readers! 

I hope we are all well, and life is treating you good. I realise that lock down is lifting now, and I hope we are making the most of it - safely! 

So the past couple of months have been so good for my blog, and I realise that I have so many new readers now. I haven't properly said this, but to EVERYONE who reads this and/or shares it, my sincerest thank you! It means so much to me! And now, I have an amazing way for you all to be updated about my new posts - if you check the bar at the top of the screen, you can click subscribe, which will alert you of any new post I make. Make sure you don't miss out - join the mailing list nowwwwwwwww!

However, to those of you who are new, this is an opportunity to get to know a bit about the person behind the posts. These are not just tech based questions, but more about me as a person. So grab a snack and lezgerrintoowit!

The following questions are taken from my Instagram polls - if you are not following me there then you know what to do: clickme

1) Why did you start this blog?
I started the blog when I was in year 10, and my intention at the time was to post scientific research I was doing. I have always been interested in how technology works, especially electronic devices, robots, and smart materials, and I remember going down YouTube spirals for hours, watching videos of girls building LED skirts, proposed plans for infinite data storage, and colour changing smart materials. I knew I was young but I wanted to somehow contribute something to the conversation, and invent something meaningful. 3 years on, and that's what I am still doing. 

2)Favourite food?
Hate to be cliche πŸ™ˆ but I hAVe sO MaNY FaVEs! Since I am Nigerian by ethnicity, but British by nationality, let me state two, and give my reasons:
    Nigerian: fresh fish pepper soup - This dish is just an elite dish really. If you know me, you KNOW I love spice with a passion! And although I am eating less meat now, fish has always been my guilty pleasure. So a combination of the two? Enough said. 
    British: Fish and Chips -  Fish and chips, because you actually cannot go wrong with a good fish and chips (and hot sauce teehee). 

3) If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
So many places have been on my bucket list to visit in my life, but one place has remained - Japan is the place to go! More specifically, Tokyo is such a pretty place, especially at night. Imagine walking at night, with the pools of light coming from the billboards, and the moon is high, and you are walking through Shibuya, listing to one banger in your headphones... don't know about you, but that sounds nice.

4) If you could have any animal as a pet, what would it be?
Um Ok GIFs | Tenor
Well...you see... the thing is... I don't like animals. I have a mutual respect for them. I mind my business and I expect reciprocation. So yes, I am the girl who dashes away from dogs on the road, and doesn't smile and stroke your cat. Butttt, I have deep found respect for elephants. They are very intelligent animals, who have the ability to process pain and mourn, and can recognise themselves in mirrors. They are just happy creatures and they don't get in people's way, most of the time. So although I wouldn't pet one, maybe I could... nope I don' know where this is going, no comment πŸ˜‚ 

5) What is your faith? And what has been the hardest thing in maintaining it (if you have one)?
I am a Christian, and I would say the hardest thing in my relationship with God has been commitment. I have made the habit during quarantine to rise up early to pray and Bible study, which has given me a perfect opportunity to speak to and hear from God, and commit my day to Him. For me this is so crucial, because being in the secret place is such an intimate time to reflect and grow as a Christian. If I have my phone nearby in the morning, it sometimes serves as a distraction and I don't even remember to pray or read the Bible until much later. It is not really a ritual for me, but I need to maintain consistency in spending time in the Word, before I do anything in the day. If I dedicate that time, I can be certain that I am walking through the day with anointing!

6)How are you preparing for university?
I am trying not to overdo it, because obviously this is my holiday time. However, I am not an egg, so I know I need to be prepared. Consequently, I have been working through my further maths book, and going over the chapters throughout each week. This serves as a good reminder of what I was doing previously, since maths is a very easy subject to forget. I also intend to go through my A Level Physics syllabus and do a couple questions a day on those, since I feel myself getting rusty after almost 5 months out of school!

7) What do you wish you knew when you first started sixth form?
I wish I knew that I did not have to go soooooo hard. Although it payed off in many aspects, it caused me a lot of problems. I have always been the person to push myself, and at first I thought I could manage. But with university preparation, interviews, coursework deadline and mocks, and a declining social lifeπŸ˜™✌ I actually became ill, and had to take time off school. And then we entered quarantine... One day I will do a proper post about everything that occurred. I am in a much better place now, and I am learning more each day to take some time out for myself and be productive, within reason. So to all my achievers, as my mum would say: do not come and kill yourself.

8)Where are you from?
Kind of covered this already, but I am Nigerian! We no dey carry last. And tribe? Abu m onye igbo.

9)Do you have siblings?
Yes sir, 3. 2 sisters and one brother. So there are four of us in the house, and I am the eldest. To all eldest children, ESPECIALLY to my eldest daughters, well done for being the third (or second) parent, and another mother. This life...it's not easy.

10) What is your music taste?
Of recent, I have been listening primarily to Christian music, especially gospel, since this is music that edifies my soul, and sounds amazing. If any of you know Marvin Sapp, Kierra Sheard, Donald Lawrence, Ricky Dillard, Kirk Franklin, that good stuff. 
And outside of the gospel genre, my music taste is actually quite eclectic. I like my lofi beats, and my R&B, but my guilty pleasures will always be 80s old school jams, neo-soul and jazz. I could actually talk for England about my music taste, so to avoid that, I will leave it here.

11) How old are you?
(81-1 + 100) *10^-1







(18)


And that is it for today! I have actually had a lot of fun in writing this up, and I hope you enjoy reading it too. And again. SUBSCRIBE, SUBSCRIBE, SUBSCRIBE! Don't forget to take care of yourselves!

See you soon!
EO

Comments

Popular Posts