Going to InvestIn: Engineering

Hi readers (the few of you that exist anyway!)
Due to my heavy revision, I have ignored the blog for some time and I'm sorry. I'll try to update regularly now.
Anyway, I wanted to talk about a conference I attended in London last year (December so not too long ago) about Engineering. As some of you may have guessed, yes I want to be an engineer so I hopped on to the opportunity right away. I was not disappointed at all.
Invest IN is a company that caters to 15-18 year olds to give them advice on how to get into their chosen field. It was actually so inspiring to meet so many people in the field, and we got so much practical advice from it. Listening to a man who had worked in Nokia before it fell, and then moved to a different company, I learned that engineering and business management are both essential in any venture, and how to create solutions to problems that people don't even know they have. As a business, you have to be current, as it is easy to stay still and eventually become stagnant. 
I spoke to software engineers and nuclear engineers, who advised ways into their fields and the best ways to get work experience. Best of all, I made really great friends from it, who have the same engineering interest that I do. I loved the lecture feel of it, and the fact that the advice we were getting was so practical and helpful for now, not just something that adults tell you that there is no way to utilise at that moment.
We got booklets with the slides from the presentation, which I guess is a nice souvenir. I would definitely recommend it - the only downside would be the price. It does cost £130 which is a bit much for just a day, but you do get a 10% discount if a school friend comes with, and they allow you to pay in instalments if you email them, which I did because £130 is a bit much to pay just like that. It was really nice though, so I would definitely recommend it.
I hope to write more soon, and will probably post this week about another one of my engineering ideas.
Anyway...
BYEEEEEEEEEE!

Comments

Popular Posts