What If: Fitness Battery: Part 1

Hiiiiii everyone!
As promised, now that exams are over (momentarily anyway) I will be updating more regularly. I'll be writing about an idea I have had for some months now, which I have researched into extensively, but I have not done much about it. I think that with development, it could turn out to be really amazing.
The fitness battery was something that I devised as a way to help people exercise more, since there is now an incentive. How it works is that people breathe through a tube, attached to a small container filled with water. The carbon dioxide dissolves in the water, and dissolves to form Carbonic acid. The acid can be used as an electrolyte for a battery, that could be used to charge a device.
Obviously there are a few problems with this idea. The acid produced would be a weak acid that may not produce as much energy as needed. I am looking to see if a catalyst can be placed in the container, and potentially there may not necessarily be a problem with the acid's strength, as the person using it will continually be breathing out CO2 whilst they exercise.
Before the coming Sunday, I will release pictures of how this may look, and I will have finally found out about the possible use of a catalyst. This seems very vague but I promise that I have put a lot of thought into this, and quite soon I will try to experiment how possible the idea is.
ALSOOO... good news folks. This isn't the only thing I am working on. In the next 2 weeks I will have finished a new device, something I will talk about in my next post.
Stay tuned!
Emma Onah

Comments

Popular Posts